As part of our transition away from RefWorks, the Libraries’ will officially support the citation management tool Zotero. This spring we’ll be offering several workshops this spring to help you make the transition to Zotero.
Zotero is a free, browser-based tool that lets you collect citation information and then create bibliographies in a wide variety citation styles.
- Wednesday, March 26 at 10am (Alden 319 Friends Room)
- Thursday, March 27 at 2pm (virtual, via Adobe Connect)
- Monday, March 31 at 2pm (Alden 319 Friends Room)
Pre-registration is not required, but we request that you let us know which workshop you plan to attend. We will send a reminder email to pre-registered participants the day before each workshop.
Topics covered in each workshop:
- installing Zotero on your personal device (we recommend trying to download in advance of the workshop if you can)
- moving information from RefWorks to Zotero
- adding citations to Zotero from library database and other websites
- editing citations and organizing information in your Zotero library, including sharing your collections with colleagues
- creating bibliographies with Zotero
Learn about Zotero on our website:
You can also find out more about Zotero on the Zotero pages on our website. We’ll post recordings of the workshops there after they are completed.
Have questions now about Zotero? Get in touch with your subject librarian.