Room Reservation Policies
Faculty Commons Meeting Rooms
The Faculty Commons on the 3rd floor of Alden Library hosts three meeting rooms (301e, 301f, and 301u) available for University faculty and staff. These rooms are NOT to be used as classroom space. Repeated reservations for classes will be cancelled.
For more information on reservations, see How do I reserve a room in the Faculty Commons?
Friends of Libraries Room
The Friends of the Libraries Room (319 Alden) is to be used primarily for educational or cultural activities which are consistent with the Library’s functions. The Friends Room is located outside the Faculty Commons and the Fine Arts Library on the 3rd floor of Alden Library.
The room is available for use by groups within the University and for limited use by the Athens community.
Serving of food and drink in the Friends Room is NOT permitted except by special permission during the reservation process. University catering policies must be followed.
The room is equipped with a computer, projector and other audio-visual equipment. Arrangements for assistance from IT library staff are available upon request.
For more information and to schedule, contact Kate Mason.
George V. Voinovich Seminar Room
The Voinovich Room is located on the 5th floor of Alden Library. Graciously funded by Senator George V. Voinovich upon his retirement from the U.S. Senate and the donation of his senatorial papers to the Mahn Center for Archives and Special Collections, the Voinovich Room is exclusively available to librarians and archivists working with researchers and materials from the archives, otherwise it is available for open quiet study.
Alden Library maintains a number of study rooms for use by Ohio University students, staff and faculty working on projects for academic purposes. They are not intended for use by by regularly scheduled classes or for staff meetings.
- Study rooms may be reserved online.
- Rooms vary in size and equipment available.
- Rooms are kept locked when not in use. Check out the key at the service desk on the same floor where the the room is located. A University ID card is needed for this process.
- Reservations may be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours in a 24-hour period. Additional reservations within a 24 hour period may be deleted.
- Reservations may be extended 1 hour if there are no succeeding reservations by requesting and renewing the room key at the library service desk on that floor.
- A reserved room will be held for 15 minutes beyond the start time of the reservation; if unclaimed after 15 minutes, the room will be made available to other users.
The Rollins Room
The Rollins Room For Student Leadership is a specially-equipped room designed to re-create the corporate boardroom experience. This room seats as many as sixteen people comfortably and twenty in a pinch. It has more technology than the groups study rooms, including a SMARTBoard, a VCR/DVD unit, and a standard OU classroom podium. Priority for use of the Rollins Room is given to student organizations and those needing a larger room. When not occupied, the Rollins Room may be reserved as a general study room.
- The Rollins Room may be reserved online.
- The Rollins Room is not intended for use by individuals working alone, by regularly scheduled classes, or for staff meetings.
Alden Library operates three computer learning labs (rooms 251, 318, and 323). Priority use of these labs is first for library instruction and second for open computing. During non-peak library times, the labs may be available for other groups using the software and resources already available on the machines. Contact Lorraine Wochna for more information.