The following video shows you how to search Ohio news sources in the Lexis Nexis database.
Text directions for searching Ohio news sources in Lexis Nexis:
- Starting on the Lexis Nexis home page, click the link for Sources in the left hand sidebar.
- Then choose Browse Sources
- Choose a country and then a region or state from the drop down menus.
- You’ll see folders for different kinds of information sources. Click the News folder to see the news sources.
- Now you’ll see all of the sources that fall under the Ohio news category. Check the small blue circle with “i” next to it for each to source to find a pop-window that describes the content for each information source.
- Check the box next to the source you would like to search. You can continue to search for more sources if you like. When you have finished finding sources, click the red OK – Continue box.
- Once you click OK – Continue you’ll go back to the Power Search where you can choose the dates and search terms you would like to use. You can also choose to search just the headline or other parts of the newspaper article. When you’re ready, click the red Search button.
- Your search results should include only news results from Ohio. In the left hand side bar, you can see which news sources are available. Click on the title of a news source to see just the results that come from that paper.
- To read an article, click on its title.
- If you would like to save/email or otherwise return to this article later, make sure to use the icons on the top right hand side of the full text article. Simply grabbing the URL at the top of the page will not work.
- If you have any questions, remember you can always return to the library home page and use the link to Ask Us.