There is a fax machine in the Learning Commons (2nd floor Alden); it’s located just to the left of the elevators (as you face them). It is for sending faxes only, not for receiving them. If you need to receive a fax, check with the local commercial copy services (such as FedEx/Kinko’s, 5 N. Court St.) to see if they can provide this service.
To use the machine simply pick up the phone receiver on the machine and a recording will instruct you on what to do next.
The fax machine takes Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express as payment. The cost for domestic calls is $1.50 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. The cost for international calls is $4.95 for the first page and $3.45 for each additional page.
An alternative to using this fax machine is to use the website faxzero.com. The use of this service is free, subject to the following stipulations:
- Files must be either .PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX
- One document; maximum 3 pages in length
- Maximum of 2 faxes per day
- For the USA and Canada only; this will not work for international faxes
- Faxzero will also send an advertisement along with your fax to the recipient
The Athens Public Library also has a fax service for sending and receiving faxes. They are located on Home Street near Bob Evans.