Athens and Ohio University Newspapers
Depending on the time period, Athens and Ohio University newspapers may be in various formats, including print, full-text html on a webpage or in a database, digital pdf, and microfilm.
- 2004-present: searchable content on The Post website
- 1997-present: searchable content in Lexis Nexis.
- 1939-present: microfilm copies of The Post are available on the first floor of Alden Library
- 1911-1939: microfilm copies of The Green and White (The Post’s predecessor) are available on the first floor of Alden Library.
- The Post Index (in paper/microfilm 1939-1990, online 1985-1995) can be used to help identify articles by topic in The Post.
The Athens News
- 2010-present: current digital editions and a digital edition archive search on the Athens News website
- 1977-present: print and microfilm copies available on the first floor of Alden Library and in the Library Annex
- The Athens News Index (1977-1979 and 1984-1987) can help identify articles on a specific topic.
The Athens Messenger
- 2001-present: The Athens Messenger website (2001-present; some full text articles require a subscriber login ; digital edition also available with subscriber login)
- 1850-present: The Athens Messenger has gone through a number of title changes since its inception as the Athens Messenger and Hocking Valley Gazette in 1850. Microfilm coverage of these titles is available on the first floor of Alden Library
- 1850-1976: selective coverage of the Messenger in its various titles is available in the Access Newspaper Archive database