Twenty-five (25) laptops are available to Ohio University students, faculty and staff on a first come/first serve basis for check out from the 2nd floor service desk.
- Laptops are for loan and must not exit the building.
- Laptop power cords/adapters are also available for check out.
- Borrowers must present his/her valid Ohio University ID or other photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Each laptop has the same software available as on the public desktop PC’s.
- Students may not install their own software, change settings, or download plug-ins.
- One laptop is available for installation of student/faculty/staff owned software. Software will be installed temporarily. Once the laptop is shut down and restarted, the software will be deleted. Please ask to check-out Laptop #1 if you need this capability.
- Ohio University students can print from the laptops in Alden Library using the Map Printers Icon located on the desktop.
- Vended printing is currently not available from laptops.
Laptop users need to save often to their own storage devices, such as burning data to CD or saving work to a USB flash drive. The laptops will be re-imaged regularly, and data/documents saved in temporary storage will be deleted and permanently lost.
Damage/Lost or stolen
- Borrowers of laptops are responsible for equipment during the check-out period. Use of the laptops is permitted only in the Library during the recorded check-out period. If a laptop is not returned within 24 hours, it will be considered lost or stolen and the Ohio University Police Department (OUPD) will be contacted immediately. The borrower will be liable for replacement fee ($1,700.00).
- 2nd Floor personnel will check each laptop for damage prior to and concluding each check-out period.