The Ohio University Global Consulting Program is going to Italy, and they need to brush up on some business customs, etiquette, culture, negotiations, and more. Â Some key resources covering those topics can be found below.
Some suggested search terms for this topic: Â Italy, business etiquette, protocol, negotiations, communication, intercultural communication.
In addition to the resources below, you might try searching for the above terms to find related information in Business Source Complete, Hospitality & Tourism Complete, and Communications & Mass Media Complete.
Passport Italy : Your Pocket Guide to Italian Business, Customs & Etiquette
- Click to connect to Passport Italy
- This ebook contains lots of information on cultural stereotypes, strategies for success, negotiations, dress and appearance, communication styles, and much more.
Italy: Â A Comprehensive Guide for Business
- Click to connect to the resource
- I will admit that this is not the best resource on the page, but it is useful for some content on business dress code, business manners, and negotiations.
Global Road Warrior: Â Italy
- Click to Connect to Global Road WarriorÂ (available via Course Reserves)
- This is a wonderful resource for the business traveler.
- For business etiquette information, as well as dress, negotiations, and more, look to page 31 of the pdf.
- The information at the beginning of the document offers great tips for business travelers.
Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands : Italy
- Click to connect to Kiss Bow..Italy via Course Reserves
- An excellent resource for business travel, negotiations, etiquette, and more.
Management in Europe: Â Italy
- Click to connect to Management in…..Italy via Course Reserves
- Contains great information on Italian managerial qualities, attitudes, behaviors, and relationships.
Business Travel in Italy
- Click to connect to Business Travel in Italy
- This ebook offers lots of tips on “making a good impression”, “doing business”, negotiations, and more.
- Country WatchÂ offers business culture information for each country. Â The “Do’s and Taboos” section can help keep you out of trouble.
Intersource Country Insights
- Intersource Country InsightsÂ contains country facts and cultural information on the countries of the world. Intercultural issues may include: Conversations, Communication Styles, Displays of Emotion,Dress, Punctuality, and Formality, Stereotypes, Relationship building, Preferred Managerial Qualities, Conflict in the Workplace, and much more. Please note that some information is from a Canadian perspective.
The section for Italy in globalEdge offers a lot of information, including coverage of business culture.
Italy Career Guide
- Click to connect to Italy Career Guide
- This is a really large pdf that contains a lot of useful content. Â Business Culture/Etiquette information begins on page 124 of the pdf, and covers Time Management, Communication Style, Office Protocol, Management Styles,Â Corporate Hierarchy / Boss and Subordinate Relations,Â Business Practices, Women in the Workplace, and more.
Minding Your Manners
- Click to Connect to Minding Your Manners
- Note: Â This particular ebook only allows one user at a time. Â If you get the “Sorry, ebook is in use” message, try again later.
- Contains information on business and office protocol, delegation, teamwork, competition, and more.