Enterprise Surveys, a service of the World Bank, offers an enormous amount of data that is used benchmark the quality of the business and investment climate across countries.
- Format: Organization Website
- Connect to: Enterprise Surveys
“The Enterprise Analysis Unit of the World Bank is a team of economists and firm-level survey experts drawing on this wealth of firm-level data from developing countries to produce research on the micro-economic foundations of growth. Their findings and recommendations are helping policy makers identify, prioritize and implement reforms of policies and institutions that support efficient private economic activity. Key research topics of the unit include firm performance and heterogeneity, access to finance and financial market imperfections, informality, and export performance.” (excerpt from website)
- Use the Country Browser at the top to find information on specific countries
- Check out the Country Profiles on the Country Notes page for information on more than 100 countries
- Look for the Research section, which includes both research papers and 3-4 page surveys
- Create your own graphs with Custom Data sets