This morning I got a reference email from a student who needed help finding “20 relevant contacts or businesses in Ohio that are either Polish businesses or have relevant ties to Poland.”
I thought that Lexis Nexis Academic was the most appropriate resource that we had available for this question. Here’s how I did the search:.
- From the main screen of Lexis, I clicked on “Business” on the left side.
- Next, I chose “Company Profiles” in the middle of the page.
- On the search screen, I changed the state to “Ohio,” then typed “Poland” in the Keyword box.
- I left the date range for “previous six months”.
- The search yielded 621 results.
The search is not perfect, as it is looking for all profiles of Ohio companies that mention the word “Poland”. Poland could be someone’s last name so that would be a false drop. Otherwise, it’s currently the best way I know of to get close to the information.
One might also try the search backwards, putting Poland in the company name box and putting Ohio in the keyword box. If you do this, you might want to change the date range to “All available dates.”
I imagine the electronic version of Lexis Nexis Corporate Affiliations would be a better resource for this particular query, but unfortunately we only subscribe to the print. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for possible places to look? If so, please feel free to leave a comment by clicking on the “Comment” link below.