WDI Online (World Development Indicators)Â is a comprehensive database on development data covering more than 700 development indicators, with time series for 208 countries, and 18 regional and income groups. The extensive collection of development data includes population, income, social, economic, financial, natural resources, and environmental indicators for more than forty years (starting in 1960 where data are available)
- Connect to:Â WDI Online
- Format: Free Organization/Government website
- Provides statistics on a wide range of development-related topics such as population, environment, economy, health, and education.
- Covers over 200 countries and over 500 data series.
- Data results can be scaled,indexed against a particular year, viewed by percentage change, and charted.
- Published by the World Bank.
- Note: A print version of World Development Indicators is also available at the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of Alden Library. The print version may often be easier to use when retrieving a quick statistic.