There is less than a month of the Spring semester left. The cherry blossoms are in bloom. Each rainy day makes the gorgeous campus even more green. Soon-to-be alumni are busy searching for jobs and planning life after graduation. But first, finals and all of the stress they bring.
Each semester, we offer a series of activities to make the sprint to the end of the semester a little easier. Highlights of the planned events for the Spring 2017 semester include:
- The Long Night Against Procrastination: Once again, we’re partnering with the Graduate Writing and Research Center and the Student Writing Center to help you power through your final projects. Stop by the 4th floor on Monday, April 17 between 6 and 10pm for coffee and snacks or to take a break with a visiting therapy pet from a local Pet Pals program. You can also meet with a writing tutor to get help finishing with a paper or visit the Faculty Commons for an extra quiet study space.
- Button-Making Craft Break: We’ll break out the button-maker again for two craft break opportunities on Monday, April 17 and Wednesday, April 19. Design your own button or make one using images from our Special Collections.
- Therapy Dog Visits: Once again, Ohio University graduate student Rachel Olson will bring a trained therapy dog for a visit.
- Final Bites: One of our longest-running Finals Week traditions returns on Monday, April 24 at 2am, when the other floors of Alden Library close. Fuel your studying for the first full day of finals with coffee and snacks provided by the Libraries.
- Pop Up Snack Carts: New this semester, is a pop-up snack cart where we’ll distribute snacks provided by campus organizations at surprise times and locations during the last weeks of the semester. Sponsors currently include the Center for Sports Administration, Division of Student Affairs, University Advancement.
Here’s a full lineup of the Finals By Alden events for this semester:
|Monday, April 17||1-3pm||4th floor lobby||Button Making Craft Break|
|6pm-10pm||4th floor lobby & Faculty Commons||Long Night Against Procrastination|
|Wednesday, April 19||1-3pm||4th floor lobby||Button Making Craft Break|
|Thursday, April 20||12-2pm||1950 Lounge – 4th floor||BINGO Study Break|
|4-6pm||Friends Room (Alden Library 319)||Therapy Dog Visit|
|Monday, April 24||2am||2nd floor Learning Commons||Final Bites Coffee & Snacks|
|2-3pm||4th floor lobby||Pop-Up Touch Lab|
|Tuesday, April 25||7-8pm||Online via Twitter (follow @AldenLibrary)||Twitter Trivia Contest|
|Wednesday, April 26||4-6pm||Friends Room (Alden Library 319)||Therapy Dog Visit|