Off Campus Access
Having trouble accessing our resources from off campus? Try these suggestions.
1. Current OU student, faculty, staff, or emeritus?
- You have access to resources licensed to Ohio University Libraries. Continue to Question 2.
Note: Some electronic resources may be restricted to specific Ohio University campuses. If you are attempting to access a resource that is not licensed for your campus, you may not be granted access.
- In general, only current OU students, employees, and emeriti can access databases and other electronic resources licensed to Ohio University Libraries from off campus. Here are some other options for electronic access.
- You may also wish to see who is eligible for borrowing privileges and what that includes.
2. Are you starting at the library homepage?
- Continue to Question 3
- Go to the library homepage. In order to access databases and other electronic resources from off campus you will need to log in through the library website. Here are examples of login screens for different library systems.
3. Are you using your OHIO ID and password to log in?
Note: If you are on a non-OU employer network, it is possible that your employer has set a firewall, which may prevent you from accessing web sites.