Find a book by author, using ALICE.
If you are unable to view this video, try accessing the video from YouTube.
Text directions for finding a book by author:
- Beginning on the library home page use the ALICE search box. Change the search from keyword to author.
- Enter the name of the author with the last name first. Example: Hardy, Thomas
- The search results may show a number of different authors with the same name. If there are dates listed for the author’s dates of birth and death, they may help you choose the right one. Otherwise, you may have to click on a few different authors to see if they have written the types of books you are looking for.
- To view all the books by an author, click on their name from the search results. The results will show all the books in ALICE where they are listed as an author.
- If you are searching in ALICE and find a book you like, you can also click on the author’s name right in the record to see more books that they have written.
- If you need help locating books by author or any other information, you can always use the OU Libraries’ Ask a Librarian services.
This video is released under Creative Commons license. You are welcome to use, redistribute, or remix it in any way you like, as long as you attribute us as the original creator. Faculty and instructors, please feel free to use this in your Blackboard. If you have any suggestions for future videos, let us know!