If you are unable to view this video, try accessing the video from YouTube.
Text directions for finding electronic books continue below:
- Beginning on the OU Libraries home page, click on the green tab that says ALICE Catalog.
- Click “Advanced Search.”
- On the ALICE Catalog search screen, click Show/Hide Advanced Options
- Using the drop down menu for Material Type, change the limiter from ANY to EBOOKS. This tells ALICE Catalog to only give you results for electronic books.
- You can do a search in ALICE Catalog for a title, author, or just by a keyword. The example uses a search for signal processing.
- Your search results should only show electronic books. Click on the title of the book to see more information about it.
- The ALICE Catalog record will have a link to the online version of the book. There may be a separate link for accessing the book off-campus. Click the link.
- Now you should be able to read or browse the electronic book.
- If you can’t find an electronic book or have any other questions, you can always Ask Us.
This video is released under Creative Commons license. You are welcome to use, redistribute, or remix it in any way you like, as long as you attribute us as the original creator. Faculty and instructors, please feel free to use this in your Blackboard. If you have any suggestions for future videos, let us know!