ALICE Catalog contains many books that are located at the Library Annex or another regional campus library. In either case, use the “Request Annex or Intercampus” button in the ALICE Catalog record (the view after clicking on the title) to have the item sent to Alden Library. This video shows you how to make a request for a book at the Library Annex or regional campus library.
If you are not an affiliate of Ohio University and don’t have a Friends of the Libraries or Community borrowing card, contact us to request materials from the Library Annex.
If you are unable to view this video, try accessing the video from YouTube.
Text directions for requesting a book from the library annex
- When a book or journal is stored at the Annex, the ALICE record will indicate that the location of the item is Athens Library Annex.
- When you find a book with this location, click the Request Annex or Intercampus button at the top of the record (button is visible after clicking the title of the book).
- On the next page, enter your Ohio ID and Password. Also, choose a pickup location.
- Click Submit.
- Usually items delivered to Alden Library will be available the next day. You’ll receive an email when they are ready for pick up. Just bring your ID to the fourth floor circulation desk to pick it up.
- As always, if you have questions, you can always use the Ask a Librarian services from the OU Libraries.
This video is released under Creative Commons license. You are welcome to use, redistribute, or remix it in any way you like, as long as you attribute us as the original creator. Faculty and instructors, please feel free to use this in your Blackboard. If you have any suggestions for future videos, let us know!