There are many well respected distributors of educational films. The distributors below provide some of our biggest collections, but there are many more independent distributors. These films may be used for classroom instruction or home use. If you wish to screen a film publicly, please contact Lorraine Wochna or your subject librarian. This is not an exhaustive list of the distributors we work with, just a sampling.
- Women Make Movies
- Documentaries on women’s issues
- California Newsreel
- Documentaries focusing on social justice issues (african american, african, health, globalization)
- Bullfrog Films (ecology, environment, women’s studies)
- Third World Newsreel (documentaries on developing nations)
- Global issues
- Docurama (various subject areas)
- First Run/Icarus (various subject areas)
- Cinema Guild
- Documentary, foreign and independent
- Media Education Foundation
- Cultural, political and social impact of American mass media
Capturing Reality: The Art of Documentary 63 clips. 38 filmmakers, including Errol Morris, Albert Maysles, Jennifer Baichwal, Patricio Guzman, and Nick Broomfield. A comprehensive journey into documentary filmmaking, and an investigation into the nature of truth.